St Botolph and St. John the Baptist, Croxton Kerrial
The church has a pleasant and
comfortable prayer corner.
The Nicholson Organ was refurbished and moved with the help of funding from grants, including one from English Heritage.
There have been priests in Croxton
Kerrial for over 900 years.
Croxton Abbey was founded by William, Count of Boulogne and Mortain, who donated the land for the abbey.
The donation of the land must have happened before the Count's death in 1159, however, canons were not resident until 1162.
The abbey was dissolved in 1538, with the abbot and eighteen canons in residence.
While the village is quite large there is a transient population in the two new private housing estates.
There are several village organisations, which comprise a Youth Club, a Sports & Social Club, a Village Hall Committee
and the very popular Church of England school. The school use the church regularly, having their own display area.